The Hont Calvary of Šahy was built as a regional pilgrim place in 1907. The paintings of the particular stages were changed to reliefs in 1989. The building of the stages was funded by families in Šahy (see tables on the stages). On the top of the calvary, there are situated iron statues of Jesus Christ and two rebels made in Graz. The memorial plaque of Aladár Schreiben, the organizer of the composition, is placed on the load-bearing wall under the statues. Behind the crosses, there is a tomb of the maecenases of Calvary composition, the Totovics family (son Kálmán was a knight of The Order of Saint Grave of Jerusalem). From the Calvary there is a beautiful view over Šahy, valley of river Ipeľ, mountain Börzsöny with the Drégely castle, Ipeľ Plain, Krupina Plain, and Štiavnica Mountains with Hill Sitno.