The Honty Museum was founded in 1902 by The Hont-county Museum Company. The memorial plaque of The Hont-county Museum Company is situated in the face of the present museum next to the memorial plaque of the first director Elemér Pongrácz. Till the year 1924 the museum was situated upstairs of the district house. The permanent exhibition of ethnology, history and archaeology of the middle part of the area around the river Ipeľ can be found in the present Hont Museum. The exhibition of traditional wine making tools can be found in the cellar. At the courtyard is situated a memorial of the holocaust, and a collection of agricultural machines. In the face of B. Bartók Square we can find a relief of Prince František Rákoczi II. The memorial tree off Ľudovít Simonyi, maecenas of the gallery in Šahy, grows next to the fence of the courtyard.
Tue-Fri: 08:00 – 12:00 | 12:30 – 15:45 Sat: 09:00 – 13:00